Community Pt. 2

Sometimes I feel alone in community. I go about community, play my part in it, but in the end, I feel as if I am one of the only ones striving for revival. I feel as if I am one of the only ones who so desperately desires to see God move in power in that manner. But the thing is, that is not true. A good portion of people within the body of Christ wants to see God just swoop down and save people right and left. So then why do I feel as if this isn't true?
Maybe it is because when a community comes face to face with the radical they have to retreat to the basic to achieve the common ground. Maybe the common ground is set too low. Maybe the radical is too hard to grow to.
While the radical attracts, it only attracts from a distance. When it is in your face, it's scary! Take Jesus for example. When we read the Bible, we believe He's a total baller (which He is), but imagine if we were in the shoes (or sandals to be more historically correct) of the people during those times. We probably would've been scared out of our minds that this guy was coming through and changing everything!
With a community, it's no different. Revival is a radical concept and a community has to conform to the basics if they seek to attract more. If a community is introduced with the radical then that welcoming comfort is instantly abandoned in exchange for a dream. But the aspect of a community saturated by God that is ignored is that, every community is radical. A community doused in the glory of God is supernatural in essence. Every individual is a dreamer, and in a culture where dreams yield to the artificial American dream, the idea of true dreamers gathering together is pretty radical.
I'll tell you the most supernatural concept about a community gathered together is that it is (or should be in some cases) a community that truly loves each other. 
The beautiful thing about the fellowship of believers in the Acts 2 church was that the believers' awe and reverence for God was manifested in their relationships with each other. And because of this, there was no needy person amongst them. Because of this, people were being added to their number daily. That's love. Better yet, that's love with the response of action. Real love is an overflow with a response of action. 
It is my desire to see and be a part of a community that makes the greater move towards God together. Because that's what love is, it's movement. It moves us to do missions, evangelism, etc. etc. In 2 Corinthians 5:14 it says that Christ's love compels us. Love is movement!
I want to be a part of a community where we are so solidified in love, that I feel as if we are moving together instead of feeling like the only person who so desperately desires revival (which, I'll state again, I know that I am not the only person). 
Someone asked me once, "How did you even manage to create something like JMU One?" And I simply responded, "Easy, I didn't." I didn't create JMU One, people did. It was people who decided they wanted to make the greater move together, it was people who decided to show up that night, it was people who prayed together and worshipped together that made JMU One. JMU One isn't an event as much as it is about the people, growing in love for each other to the point where a move for revival isn't just a dream, it's a reality. It is a testament that we, as a people, are brought together by grace but most importantly, we are sealed together by love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment